[lammps-users] a large core file is produced!

From: Xiaolin Xu <xiaolin.xu2@...24...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:28:18 +1000

Hi,

I am using lammps/11Aug17 on a supercomputer. My simulations produce a file with a name as "core.r330.5559" or similar, which are very large in size (about 2GB)! The content seems to be binary.

I had never seen such files. Do you know I can cancel their being produced and why they are produced?

Thanks