Re: [lammps-users] LAMMPS EAM potential format

From: Carlos Campana <campanacue@...24...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:06:47 -0400

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Rose Dalyan <rgarden137@...16...> wrote:
I did browsed the archives for Qs and found many things including the link you have sent and a Ni Sutton -Chen potential in GULP format. I am just curious what makes you think that I did not do my digging.

If you did your digging then why caring what I think? The only time you really would have to care is if I ever become the reviewer of one of your papers.

Some people may just started to learn LAMMPS and it may take them longer time to connect the dots and to figure things out, but it does not mean that they should not learn how to use it or they cannot use the form to post questions.

You are absolutely right. I guess some of us who have witnessed the many Qs on this list for a while sometimes tend to give bad cop treatment to those that sound borderline confusing/ time wasting. Good to know you are not one of them. In the end I was just being pragmatic and offer you a solution to using the Sutton-Chem already implemented in GULP instead of having to face your Lammps demons. If my answer did you suit you for whatever reason then toss it and move on.
Carlos