Re: [lammps-users] srd viscosity

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:32:59 -0700

Sorry for the delay - this email got buried.

I see the issue with MP for aggregations,

I don't know if streaming SRD viscosity has been looked at.

Steve

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Dmitry <dmitrijs.zablockis@...24...> wrote:
Hello!

Steve, thank you for your response. If I have srd particles in my
system the virial stress Pxy will give me just the streaming part. The
other two components (i.e. from velocity rotations and collisions with
big particles) are not accounted for. So I need to calculate these
terms separately and add them.

In the article you mentioned - Comp. Part. Mech. (2014) 1:321–356 DOI
10.1007/s40571-014-0007-6 - they apply Lees-Edwards only for the FLD,
otherwise they use Muller-Plathe to measure viscosity in SRD
simulations. I have tried MP and it works great and the results are
what I expect, but I cant have shear reversals in my simulations
because they break the colloidal structures I am studying. That's why
I was looking towards fix deform. But I have trouble calculating the
stress tensor in deforming box. I was wondering if maybe someone
solved this problem already.

Dimitry