Re: [lammps-users] Langevian thermostat-system look freezed

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:01:43 -0400

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 12:26 PM, ata madanchi <astro1994am@...33....24...> wrote:
Hello,
I am using a Langevian thermostat as below, the problem is that non of my particles in my system(polymers + counterions) move at all.
fix  thermostat poly langevin 1 1 11.9 2484122
minimize 0.0 1.0e-8 1000 100000
I also changed the damp parameter to a different value but it didn't change anything.

​a minimization is a calculation at 0K and pays no attention to a thermostat​. this is documented behavior.

axel.

Thanks
Ali