Re: [lammps-users] GPU package

From: "Julian Kerr" <julian.kerr@...7646...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 15:27:28 +0200

Sorry, my problem was unrelated to compiling. It was resolved by disabling/enabling the GPU. Then, I was able to successfuly run the command

mpirun lmp_ubuntu -sf gpu -pk gpu 1 -in in.Li-dendritic.nvt

And there were 4 GPU processes by lmp_ubuntu. However, it took 34min, exactly the same as non-GPU run. I understand that GPU-acceleration appears  for large number of atoms, but I expected to withness a tiny contribution. This is the fun part of playing with the variables as mentioned in the manual. If I made a breakthrough I will share it with the community.

Thanks for your excellent support.