[lammps-users] How about Interaction potential in a binary system?

From: Xiaolin Xu <xiaolin.xu2@...24...>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 21:01:28 +1000

Hi,

I want to investigate systems such as Al-Si. I have the eam potential file for Al, and tersoff for Si (Al-Al and Si-Si are thus available). Therefore, a hybrid pair-style can be used. However, I do not have the interaction potential between Al and Si.

What options I have, and what solutions lammps presents to the users in such cases?

Thanks