Re: [lammps-users] Unknown pair style eam/alloy (../force.cpp:246)

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 12:13:51 -0400

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Leila Khalili <lkhalil@...2176......> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users,

I could successfully run my code in my own computer however, when I  tried to run it on HPC  it was aborted with the error: "Unknown pair style eam/alloy (../force.cpp:246)". I have copied the log file at the end of this email.
The lammps installed in hpc has ANYBODY and OPT packages installed. What confuses me is that  I tried to run a simpler code on HPC ( increasing the temperature of atoms to 1000K), it was done successfully, and didn't give any errors for pair_style eam/alloy.

I appreciate to have your comments.

​perhaps, those were different executables. you can see which pair styles are included, when running LAMMPS with the -help flag.

also, watch out for cut-n-paste from web browsers or PDF viewers. those may replace ASCII characters with similar looking non-ASCII​ (usually UTF-8) characters. LAMMPS only accepts ASCII text, so what looks like a blank, may not be the ASCII blank or a '/' may not be the ASCII '/'.

​axel.​

Regards,
Leila

LAMMPS (11 Aug 2017)

# initialization
units metal
boundary s p p       # p is periodic
atom_style atomic
lattice fcc 3.570856
Lattice spacing in x,y,z = 3.57086 3.57086 3.57086

# atom definition  ## already minimized
read_restart  ../thermalized.f.restart
WARNING: Restart file used different # of processors (../read_restart.cpp:717)
  orthogonal box = (-65.3114 0 0) to (117.865 32.8247 30.9245)
  8 by 1 by 1 MPI processor grid
  16315 atoms
pair_style eam/alloy
ERROR: Unknown pair style eam/alloy (../force.cpp:246)
Last command: pair_style eam/alloy