Re: [lammps-users] Combination of temp/partial with dynamic group

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 08:18:34 -0600

How does compute temp/partial subtract the flow velocity?  Do you mean
just remove an entire component of velocity?  Yes, I think using
a dynamic group can do what you ask.

Steve

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Manash Pratim Borthakur <manash.pborthakur@...24...> wrote:
Hi all.

 I am trying to simulate the formation of a nanojet by pushing fluid in a reservoir through an orifice. I want to thermostat only the reservoir+orifice region and also subtract the flow velocity using temp/partial. In an earlier post (http://lammps.sandia.gov/threads/msg27721.html), it was said that temp/partial in a specific region is not possible. However, if we specify the group for temp/partial as a dynamic one and set this group to only those atoms in the reservoir+orifice, will it be a localised temp/partial situation. Or am I missing something? Please advise.

Regards,
Manash