Re: [lammps-users] Energy drift

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 13:42:47 -0400

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:48 AM, Stefan Paquay <stefanpaquay@...24...> wrote:
This sounds like it might be specific to interactive MD simulations then, but I am not sure. Axel is more of an expert on that I think.

​but i cannot say anything, because the description being given is ambiguous. it is not clear what modifications were made to the example input, and whether the restarting was done correctly.​ in the vast majority of these cases, there is a mistake or misunderstanding in there somewhere, but without a crystal ball, it is impossible to detect and to give advice.

axel.

It just seems to me that it is weird that your energy should jump such a specific value upon a time step change.
Energy drift, however, is characterized by a very slow and gradual change of the total energy of the system, which is not at all what you are seeing.