Re: [lammps-users] Energy drift

From: Chuanxing Zhan <chuanxingzhan@...16...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 19:39:57 +0000 (UTC)

I ran a example in.deca-ala_imd under directory lammps-stable_11Aug2017/examples/USER/misc/imd.
I didn't change anything of example script except inserting restart command. I changed the time-step of system at 11000 step, then the energy jumped. I also checked the energy of the system, and is was continued in the whole simulation. Once I increase time-step, the energy  increase.
I just ran the simulation in one file without restart command. The energy of the system also increased when time-step increase.