Re: [lammps-users] Dihedral parameter

From: Chuanxing Zhan <chuanxingzhan@...16...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 16:58:32 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for your information.
I tested the example file from lammps, and the energy of example system also increase when the time-step switch from 1fs to 2fs (show in figure).
I also built the system by EMC, and equilibrated the system via lammps. While I increased the time-step the energy of system increased either.
The example I chose is  in.deca-ala_imd which located at /home/tntech.edu/czhan42/lammps-stable_11Aug2017/examples/USER/misc/imd
( I delete the fix shake commands and fix imd commond since I don't need it)

When I searched on-line, I found something relate to energy drift.
However, I'm not sure if the lammps program show energy drift phenomenon. Is the properties result reliable with  energy drift? Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the energy drift in lammps
Any comments would be appreciated.
Energy Fluctuations
Energy drift - Wikipedia

Kerwin