Re: [lammps-users] mpid error

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 20:49:21 -0400

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Poshit <pnag.iisc@...36.....24...> wrote:
Hi,

Whenever I try to run the calculations on more than 80 processors, I end up with the error

mpid: Cannot create shared memory segment of -2124070912 bytes

Can some help what could be the reason for this? Thanks

​most definitely not a LAMMPS reason, since "mpid" is an internal MPI process. the number ​-2124070912 is very close to 2GB, so it is likely some signed vs. unsigned or 32-bit vs 64-bit wraparound error.
this has to be an issue with your local machine or rather its software configuration/installation.

axel.

Gopal Das