[lammps-users] Bad termination of processes

From: Michael Papanikolaou <mich.papanikolaou@...24...>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 09:13:06 +0100

Dear LAMMPS users,

I am running a LAMMPS script and I am getting the following message at the timestep no 17,000.

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   PID 14343 RUNNING AT dcn035
=   EXIT CODE: 6
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
   Intel(R) MPI Library troubleshooting guide:
      https://software.intel.com/node/561764

This error  must be associated with the following 2 commands (when I do not compute the rdf and stop averaging, the problem stops occurring):

compute rdf1 all_atoms1 rdf 10 1 2 cutoff 4.5
fix avetime2 all_atoms1 ave/time 1000 1 1000 c_rdf1[*]  file rdf.profile mode vector

As this is about a grinding simulation, the error occurs specifically at the time when the abrasive approaches very closely to the workpiece (the number of 1-2 pairs is increasing sharply).

You can also find attached an error report. I am using LAMMPS/31Mar17.

Any advice on how to overcome this issue would more than useful.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Michalis