Re: [lammps-users] Reading multiple dump files by a single rerun

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 00:29:24 -0400

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 12:19 AM, Robert Brown <mm229196@...7278...> wrote:
> Thanks, Axel
> But I have many files, and it is not viable to insert all files names in a
> rerun command.

that is a *different* question than what you asked. if you want
accurate help, you have to as precise questions and explain what your
problem is quickly. in fact what you are saying here is pretty much
the opposite of what of what your initial question was about.

a) it *is* viable to insert many files. you just have to automate
generating the line of text with the rerun command and then import it
via the include command. this can be done with shell commands.

b) native LAMMPS dump files can be easily concatenated (e.g. using
"cat") into a single file. you just have to make certain you combine
the files in order of ascending time steps.

> So, do you suggest loop too?

no.