Re: [lammps-users] Question on tersoff parameters

From: Ray Shan <rshan@...1795...>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 21:14:32 +0000

This doesn’t matter.  In Tersoff potential files a trio (A B C) means the bonding of B—A—C, which in many cases (e.g., Si Si C) have BA or AC bond lengths beyond the cutoff for the compound it parameterized for (SiC in this case).  Therefore it doesn’t matter if parameters like A, B, lambda, etc are zeros or not, since Si-Si-C bonds do not exist. For your own potential file you need to determine if such bonds exist or not, but just make them non-zeros to be on the safe side.

Ray