[lammps-users] How to calculate viscous dissipation heat in pressure driven flow

From: Jinhuan Pu <jinhuanpu@...24...>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 15:14:00 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am using LAMMPS to simulation pressure driven flow in nanochannel flows. Initially, I use NVT ensemble to this system. Then I add a certain force to every fluid atom and give fluid just NVE ensemble, at the same time, the channel is set NVT ensemble to keep constant temperature as before.  After a period of time, this system get steady and there is a stable velocity profile. In addition, the fluid is heated due to viscous dissipation (fluid fiction). My question is that I want to calculate the viscous dissipation heat of the fluid. Or heat generation because of adding force to this system. If anyone have any idea about this? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jinhuan