Re: [lammps-users] Report bug on Thermo

From: Robert Hoy <robertscotthoy@...24...>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 15:45:48 -0400

Haha!  It would, however, be nice to be able to specify that the thermo output has be written to disk at MOST every N steps.  On some machines, runs will go for a very long time without writing anything to log.lammps.   On several occasions when runs on our cluster have crashed or timed-out,  I've had to restart from an earlier restart file than I otherwise would have used, simply to avoid having gaps in the log file.  This could be fixed by adding an option requiring thermo to flush whenever a restart file is written (as opposed to flushing every line).

Best,
Rob