Re: [lammps-users] Fix rigid and minimization

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 17:44:01 +0000

Simulated annealing is your only option. Supporting rigid body motion in the general case for minimization is non-trivial.

Simulated annealing means you start an MD and you gradually remove kinetic energy, e. g. by applying a friction force.

There should be plenty textbook information about this.
Axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...24...  http://goo.gl/1wk0