Re: [lammps-users] Fix rigid and minimization

From: Stefan Paquay <stefanpaquay@...24...>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 13:43:19 -0400

There's pretty much two ways to go about this:
1. Run normal dynamics but slowly ramp down your temperature and apply some viscous force (like fix langevin or fix viscous) to prevent your simulation from blowing up. The ramping down of the temperature is "annealing".
2. Replace the rigid body by a body that is held together by very stiff springs, and after minimizing, activate fix rigid to perform your normal dynamics.

The complexity your input and rigid bodies determine which is the most convenient/straightforward option.