Re: [lammps-users] Write the data.lammps only of a group ?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:49:59 +0000

... Or use the delete_atoms command to remove all unwanted data before writing the new data file.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...24...  http://goo.gl/1wk0

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 10:36 Stefan Paquay <stefanpaquay@...24...> wrote:
As a work-around, you could write a one-time dump for your subsystem and then use some external script to convert this back into a valid data file.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 5:42 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:23 AM, Siva Chari <ssnchari.hcu@...24...> wrote:
> Hello Lammps users,
>
> I need a clarification on the following.
> Can we write the data of only a particular group of the total system?

no.

> usually, write_data command writes for the full system, can we specify the
> group keyword here? if so, how?

you cannot.

> I searched in the lammps documentation, but could not get it from there.

that is the rule: if it is not mentioned in the documentation, then a
feature is not available.

axel.