Re: [lammps-users] Meam potential

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 01:01:00 -0400

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:53 PM, Digvijay Yadav <yadavdg3@...24...> wrote:
> Dear Lammps users,
>                                I am using meam potential for SiC deposition
> but for that I need to change lattice command which is their in SiC.meam but
> I want to know what it is use of it ? I read manual but not much information
> is their. The citation is also not available ,it was created by Greg Wagner

i don't understand how you can claim, that there is no citation. there
are *multiple* citations listed in the documentation for pair style
meam (and meam/c) and it clearly states which paper describes the
model itself, and a second paper explaining how it was adapted for
LAMMPS.

the purpose of the manual if to explain the *usage*. a paper will
explain the model and its derivation. if you want to understand and
modify the implementation, you have to read and understand the source
code, which is split between the code in the src/MEAM folder and
lib/meam folder.

please note, the MEAM package is no longer under active maintenance
and the use of pair style meam discouraged.
thus when making modifications start from the development code hosted
on github and please check out the USER-MEAMC package instead, which
is a translation of the MEAM code to C/C++ and very much under active
maintenance.

axel.