[lammps-users] Regarding compute temp/partial

From: bahman daneshian <bahmanpbamp@...24...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:48:42 +0200

Dear lammps experts,

I am going to compute a moving region temperature.  Actually, the moving region is a particle like a ball. I need to calculate its temperature. So, please let me know which compute command omit the velocity of this region center of the mass in order to calculate the temperature of this region. I have applied this command:

compute temp_ball ball temp/partial 1 0 1

in fact, I have removed the Vy of this region. is it right?

Actually, when I plot the Vy-time diagram, this region temperature which is initially 300k, decreases upon moving in Y direction. So, please let me know whether I am doing right or not.

Yours Sincerely,
Bahman Daneshian