Re: [lammps-users] How do I model Couette Flow in a NVT system with a void space

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:58:00 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:40 AM, 罗爽 <luoshuang@...7337...> wrote:
Dear Giacomo,
Thanks for your apply
Pls see the attached PNG file.  In my system, one face of the water system is exposed to the vacuum, the other side is exposed to a rigid surface.

​please note, that the correct term is "immobile" not "rigid".​

 A periodic boundary condition is used at  three directions.  The dimension of the simulation cell in the direction perpendicular to the surface is suffcientlly large to avoid unnecessary interactions due to the PBC.

please explain, what is supposed to be inducing the flow here?

axel.​

LUO