Re: [lammps-users] Fwd: simulation of magnetic dipoles

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:03:04 -0500

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Konark B <physics.kb@...24...> wrote:

Dear LAMMPS users,

We want to study the aggregation of magnetic dipolar particles in a medium such as water. We can use fix efield command to apply the external electric field (E). But there is no such command for the magnetic field (M). Since the dipole-field interaction has the same functional form for both electric and magnetic system, we are using the efield command to apply the magnetic field. But if we include molecules like water, which have the charge and an electric dipole, then E cannot be replaced by M as the charge-field interaction is different in such cases.
So, we want to know if there is any subroutine to apply the external magnetic field

​no. there is not.

engaging tech sites,!
lammps-users mailing list

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...12...24...