[lammps-users] Simulation of Si3N4

From: "Khourshaei Shar, Ali" <akhoursh@...6666...>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:25:16 +0000

Dear LAMMPS users,

I'm trying to simulate mechanical behavior of Beta silicon nitride thin layer in z direction. To gain that, I used the attached input files and I get the attached curve as stress -strain curve. However, the curve shouldn't be correct as Si3N4 is a brittle material and based on the literature we expect it to fail within 5% of strain and a stress below 20 GPa. So, I tried several possibilities. But, I couldn't solve the issue. Therefore, I wonder if you could please help me out.

Sincerely,

Ali