[lammps-users] PKA cascade time step

From: ‪Meral Sharkas‬ ‪ <eng_meral.sh10@...16...>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 14:50:41 +0000 (UTC)

Dear LAMMPS users,

I am trying to do a radiation damage in a crystal lattice. Due to the high initial energy of the PKA, I am aware that the primary time step will be small, around nearly 1 fs and then it will increase after the PKA loses most of its energy. I am aware that we need to use fix dt/reset to set this variable time step, my question is if I am simulating under NVE ensemble, can I use fix nve/limit instead of using fix dt/reset command?

Thank you in advance...

Best regards