Re: [lammps-users] About fix set force

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:39:00 -0500

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Arun Bikram Thapa <aaron.thapa143@...24...> wrote:
Dear lammps users,

I am trying to simulate a stretching test and one end of tube containing carbon are clipped. I want to allow motion in x y direction and set motion in z direction =0. I tried to use setforce zero only in z direction but does not allow me to do so. Can someone please suggest me way to solve this small problem.

​please have a look at newton's equations of motion. setting the force to zero is a prerequisite, but not sufficient to immobilize an atom. it will only result in no change in velocity. thus you also have to set its velocity to zero.​

axel.

Thank you,
Arun