Re: [lammps-users] Poisson's effect during uniaxial strain in NVT

From: Julien Guénolé <julien.guenole@...4839...>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 13:15:45 +0100

On 06/12/17 08:01, kia krn wrote:
but in such case if i apply amount of pressure such that it produce desired i. e. 1% strain in one direction and consider passion's effect then in such case volume change will not be exact as the applied strain.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean...

Using NPT with a controlled pressure in the directions normal to the load direction, should results in a correct "poisson effect".

Julien