Re: [lammps-users] Reg. AtC Fix_flux and computational domain problem

From: "Parmar, Vinod" <vparmar@...132...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:57:00 +0000

Dear Steve,

Thanks a lot for your valuable response. Experimentally It should not change by a significant number. When I tried to use "AtC source" instead of "AtC fix_flux" to deposit the input energy/fluence by femtosecond laser pulses, It did not have any effect on electron temperature (max). With "AtC source" command, electron temperature remained almost same if we increase the computational domain along x- and y-axis (when heat is influx along z-axis).

That's why I was feeling, either there is some problem with "AtC fix_flux" command or the computed flux value what I have mentioned in the command (fix_modify AtC fix_flux electron temperature fcst 388860).

Does this computed flux value (388860) should increase as I increase the computational domain??

Kindly reply about this problem.

Thanking you in anticipation

Vinod Parmar
Fulbright Doctoral Research Fellow