Re: [lammps-users] Calculate net force on a group of atoms

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:06:14 -0700

I suggest you try the commands and output their
results.  Then examine them to see if they
produce what you expect.

Steve

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Rajesh <creativeidleminds@...24...> wrote:
Dear lammps users
I am a group of atoms as a rigid body that is being pulled out from another polymer material. I want to calculate net force (fx fy and fz) on this group of atoms. Which command is most suitable for this? Please advise.

I am using like this
compute    frc BN property/atom fx fy fx
compute    forc BN reduce sum c_frc[1] c_frc[2] c_frc[3]
Is it right? I mean will it take all the three force components fx fy and fz on each atom ?

Thanks