Re: [lammps-users] Autoionization of water

From: Giacomo Fiorin <giacomo.fiorin@...24...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:30:07 -0500

This is a question first about the simulation model, and only afterwards about the code.

CPMD is based on density functional theory, which is reasonable for many chemical reactions but there are both examples of more accurate QM methods (MP2 or other post-HF methods) or less accurate ones (DFTB, or classical bond-order potentials).

Please research first the literature for what is an acceptable model, and then pick a good software for it.

Giacomo