Re: [lammps-users] adiabatic wall

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 13:40:43 -0500

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 6:11 PM, m n via lammps-users <lammps-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Dear Lammps users,

I am trying to simulate a liquid flow between two parallel fixed walls. The walls are fixed by "fix setforce 0.0 0.0 0.0" and "velocity set 0.0 0.0 0.0". I was wondering when the walls are fixed, can I consider them as adiabatic walls or they are heat sinks with the constant temperature of zero?

​neither is correct. your wall particles *are* at 0K, but because they are immobilized, they are not a heat sink, i.e. they do not "consume" kinetic energy.
yet, they are still different from wall particles that are only restrained and thus can exchange energy with your fluid.
instead they will induce a more ordered environment ​near the wall. how much, however, depends on the details of your setup.

axel.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Santiago