[lammps-users] region command with block &union argument

From: liyi bai <liyibai2011@...24...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:51:47 +0900

Dear Users,

I wanna dump the atoms in specified region.The total number of dumped atoms can be change with radius R.However,the total number of dumped atoms can not be changed with the lateral size of plate.
Like, If I change R=10 to R=20.The dumped atoms will be decreased. If I change the plate lateral size X=40 to X=60 and  Y=40 to Y=60,the total number of dumped atoms can not be change.

Is there any one knows what's wrong with my specified region shown below.Any suggestions are
appreciated.

partial input :

region      sideplate  block  0 40 0 40 0 30 side in
region
sidetip    sphere 20 20  30 10(R) side out
region
myregion  union 2 sideplate sidetip

Thank you very much

Best Regards