[lammps-users] Calculate net force on a group of atoms

From: Rajesh <creativeidleminds@...24...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:17:37 +0530

Dear lammps users
I am a group of atoms as a rigid body that is being pulled out from another polymer material. I want to calculate net force (fx fy and fz) on this group of atoms. Which command is most suitable for this? Please advise.

I am using like this
compute    frc BN property/atom fx fy fx
compute    forc BN reduce sum c_frc[1] c_frc[2] c_frc[3]
Is it right? I mean will it take all the three force components fx fy and fz on each atom ?