Re: [lammps-users] command of region and dump_modify

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:21:36 -0500

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:26 PM, liyi bai <liyibai2011@...29....> wrote:
Dear Users,

I am trying to dump velocity information for only partial atom indices.Now I setup my input as below(only show the mentioned part),but it still dump to all the atom indices instead of the specified region.I specified region here is the space between hemisphere and plate.Could you please give me any suggestion and comments what's wrong with my input ?

​most likely your region definition is not what you expect it should be.

axel.​

partial input:

region      sideplate  block  13.94 47.94 13.94 47.94 16.0 30.783 side in
region      sidetip    sphere 30.94 30.94 30.783 v_R side out
region      myconfined  union 2 sideplate sidetip

dump         2  all  custom 5  dump.region id type x y z vx vy vz
dump_modify   2   region myconfined sort id

Best regards

Liyi