Re: [lammps-users] Data communication

From: Notan Tah <tahnotan@...24...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 14:04:22 +0530

Thanks for your reply. I want to know whether the communication via MPI is done in single precision or double precession in Molecular dynamics code.

Thanks
Notan

On 29 November 2017 at 11:27, Andrew Jewett <jewett@...1937...> wrote:
I don't know if this answers your question, but atom positions, velocities, and forces in LAMMPS are represented using 64bit doubles.  (Check out "atom.h".  If you grep " float " *.h in the LAMMPS' "src/" directory, you'll see a few places where single precision floats are used, but that code seems to be specific for the calculation of long-range electrostatic interactions.)

Cheers
Andrew