Re: [lammps-users] Data communication

From: Andrew Jewett <jewett@...1937...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:57:04 -0800

I don't know if this answers your question, but atom positions, velocities, and forces in LAMMPS are represented using 64bit doubles.  (Check out "atom.h".  If you grep " float " *.h in the LAMMPS' "src/" directory, you'll see a few places where single precision floats are used, but that code seems to be specific for the calculation of long-range electrostatic interactions.)