[lammps-users] Reg. AtC Fix_flux and computational domain problem

From: "Parmar, Vinod" <vparmar@...132...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:21:19 +0000

Dear all,

Greetings!

I am using the user-atc package to simulate the fs laser ablation of nickel. I am struggling with an AtC problem since last three weeks. Actually I have used AtC fix_flux command to deposit about 0.3 J/cm^2 of fluence. I am getting an electron temperature (max) of about 20,000K (for computational domain of 0 10, 0 10, 0 100), that's fine. But as soon as I increase my computational domain (to 0 20, 0 20, 0 100) then my computed electron temperature (max) found to be only 2,000-3,000K only. My question is:

1. Am I suppose to change the flux value 388860 ((in the command fix_modify AtC fix_flux electron temperature fcst 388860 )when I increase the computational domain increases?

2. If not, then what else may be possible reason for the aforementioned problem?

I have taken advises from various active users, mailing lists and documentations but couldn't find any suitable solution. Thus finally asking to  to people behind the AtC programs. Kindly help me out.

Thanking you in anticipation

Vinod ​