Re: [lammps-users] Finding LAMMPS Source Code

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 13:32:07 -0500

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:59 PM, MASATO KOIZUMI <mkoizumi@...429...709...> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS Users,

Hello LAMMPS Users. I am planning to add a new command to LAMMPS. I was searching through the LAMMPS documentation and I see that  "The best way to add a new feature is to find a similar feature in LAMMPS and look at the corresponding source and header files to figure out what it does."

Can anyone guide me to the location of a source and header file in the LAMMPS package? I am running the LAMMPS_64-bit_20170127 version on Windows 10.

If there are no sources included in the windows installer package, I would greatly appreciate if anyone can advice me on where to start.

you need to download the LAMMPS sources and ​teach​ yourself how to compile LAMMPS from sources. doing this natively on windows can be challenging, thus it is highly recommended to either install a linux virtual machine or use the linux subsystem in windows.

Thank you in advance.

Masato Koizumi

engaging tech sites,!
lammps-users mailing list