Re: [lammps-users] force calculation in tersoff potential

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 06:58:53 -0500

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Nader Ameli <nader.mechanic@...24...> wrote:

Dear Axel,

You are absolutely right. Once I ignored “fix setforce” command, the forces by variable fcm command appeared. I was using “fix setforce” command for making my tool as a rigid body. However, I found that “fix move” command could be used for moving my tool and keeping it rigid. It could be useful for the others that have such problem.

Could you possibly tell me what wrong is with this study? There are hundreds of articles that have used LAMMPS for modeling of machining

(e.g. http://lammps.sandia.gov/abstracts/cms11.html).

Please let me know if you see any faults in my script.

​i already told you what is the problem. ​specifically and in general. now you are adding lack of attention to the list.

axel.

Thanks

Nader