Re: [lammps-users] force calculation in tersoff potential

From: Nader Ameli <nader.mechanic@...24...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:26:56 +0330

The core of my script is as bellow. I have deleted commands around variables, groups, etc (due to shorten it for reading). Many thanks for your time.

units metal
dimension 3
boundary p s s
atom_style atomic

lattice diamond ${latparam}
region simulation_box block 0 ${xmdim} -${ymdim} ${yplane4} -${zmdim} ${zplane3} units box
create_box 4 simulation_box

mass 1 12.0107
mass 2 28.085
mass 3 28.085
mass 4 28.085
region lower block 0 ${xmdim} -${ymdim} 0 -${zmdim} 0 units box
create_atoms  2 region lower
# -----------------Define potential function----
pair_style tersoff
pair_coeff  * * SiC.tersoff C Si Si Si
neigh_modify exclude type 1 1
# -----------------Define Settings -------
fix 1 tool setforce 0.0 0.0 0.0
displace_atoms tool move 0 ${initialdist} ${zmove} units box   #Displace tool to Adjust Depth of Cut
velocity tool set 0.0 0.0 0.0 sum yes units box
velocity mobile create 293 482748 temp new #Defining initial temperature of mobile atoms

fix 7 all nve
velocity tool set 0.0 $v 0.0 sum yes units box    #Starting of tool movement
variable forcex equal fcm(tool,x) #total force in x direction
variable forcey equal fcm(tool,y) #total force in y direction
variable forcez equal fcm(tool,z) #total force in z direction

timestep 0.001
thermo_style custom step v_forcex v_forcey v_forcez
thermo $p
thermo_modify temp new
thermo_modify   lost warn

fix 12 mobile print $p "${forcex}" file TotalFeatures/forcex screen no
fix 13 mobile print $p "${forcey}" file TotalFeatures/forcey screen no
fix 14 mobile print $p "${forcez}" file TotalFeatures/forcez screen no

run  $m