Re: [lammps-users] unknown command - pair_style meam

From: Sebastian Hütter <sebastian.huetter@...7220...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 14:23:40 +0100

The old Fortran implementation "meam" has been superseded by the translated C++ version "meam/c". The old package outputs a warning, the PPA build has dropped it altogether.
Just change your script to "pair_style meam/c" and it should work.

Best regards,
Sebastian Hütter

Dear Lammps users,

I have installed lammps using the pre-built ubuntu linux executable. However it cannot recognize the pair_style meam command. Does it mean the MEAM package is not included in the pre-built executable? If so, can you please advice me how to install MEAM package with the pre-built ubuntu linux executable?
Thank you so much for your kind help.

Best regards,
Hansinee

--