Re: [lammps-users] Ensemble choices for MSD calculation

From: "284237308@...1204..." <284237308@...1204...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 09:19:03 +0800

Thank you professor. My timestep is 0.25fs. I thought it would be small enough. I will do some more tests in NVT ensemble.

赵骁
西安交通大学
动力工程多相流国家重点实验室

From: Hai Hoang
Date: 2017-11-22 19:15
To: 284237308@...1204...
CC: lammps-users
Subject: Re: [lammps-users] Ensemble choices for MSD calculation
Hi,

Temperature you studied is rather high, please check effect of time step.

 1. Use fix temp/rescale with fix NVE to control the temperature precisely.  But I learned from mail-list that this is not usually recommended.
-->> Yes, should not use this fix when study the transport properties (You can find some discussions in some text books, such thermostat does not discribe the system in true NVT ensmble). Try to test "fix langevin"
2. Use fix NVT to calculate MSD rather than fix NVE. It may require a bigger Tdamp to decrease temperature fluctuation.
-->> Should use NVT, but check effect of time step and Tdamp.
In fact, you can also use NPT... Results are similar.

Best,