Re: [lammps-users] QMMM with lammps

From: daniele selli <daniele.selli@...7246...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:54:15 +0100

Dear Axel,

thank you for your reply.
I knew about the first point you reported on LAMMPS coupled to quantum espresso, but the second and third points
are new to me. However, it seems that there isn't a proper QM-MM interaction between the LATTE or DFTB+ codes and lammps.

I try to be more specific with my problem. I know you can set a certain charge for atoms in lammps,
and on those atoms the code can calculate potential and forces.
But I would like to know if I can define external charges, just charges not charged atoms and if on these
POINT charges the code can calculate electrostatic potential (I am pretty sure it does) and forces (not all
codes calculate forces on external point charges).

Daniele