Re: [lammps-users] Stress Strain curve of a brittle material

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:21:53 -0500

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Khourshaei Shar, Ali <akhoursh@...6666...> wrote:

Dear Lammps users,

Hi,

I'm working on a simulation on uniaxial tensile stress test of a brittle material whose initial lattice structure is monoclinic. I did the test on z direction and my boundary condition was S S P. Moreover, I define a block region using my initial triclinic lattice structure. So, after minimization and equilibration, I did the test and finally draw its stress - strain curve. However, the things that is really surprising is that I get 20% for fracture strain. However, based on literature I know that it should be around 5%. So, I wonder you can comment on it and help me to get a better result. By the way, I'm attaching the stress - strain curve figure here.

​there is not enough information here to make any suggestions.
apart from that, you are not really asking about LAMMPS, but how to do your research properly. this is considered off-topic for this list. we prefer to focus on discussing LAMMPS issues.
so what you are asking is a discussion that you should have with your adviser/supervisor and/or more experienced colleagues.​

​axel.​

Best,

Ali