[lammps-users] Stress Strain curve of a brittle material

From: "Khourshaei Shar, Ali" <akhoursh@...6666...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 05:03:34 +0000

Dear Lammps users,

Hi,

I'm working on a simulation on uniaxial tensile stress test of a brittle material whose initial lattice structure is monoclinic. I did the test on z direction and my boundary condition was S S P. Moreover, I define a block region using my initial triclinic lattice structure. So, after minimization and equilibration, I did the test and finally draw its stress - strain curve. However, the things that is really surprising is that I get 20% for fracture strain. However, based on literature I know that it should be around 5%. So, I wonder you can comment on it and help me to get a better result. By the way, I'm attaching the stress - strain curve figure here.

Best,

Ali