Re: [lammps-users] About temperature fluctuations

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:02:22 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:49 AM, A. M.M <alaa.murar@...24...> wrote:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I have two questions:

1. I used 25 fs for time step, but there are fluctuations in the total energy, Can I neglect it ?

​this is not a question for this mailing list, but for your adviser (and/or a text book on MD).
keep in mind, that you have a *tiny* system, so your ensemble average barely deserves that name.

2. I want to dump the total energy of the system with time, I checked the compute command but I do not find a total energy compute command, Is there a way to do that ?
I need the structure of dumped file to be
time     total energy

​you can access the total energy through its thermo keyword. how to make use of it (and how to output those), is explained​ in the manual. please help yourself to another read.

axel.

Thanks a lot.