Re: [lammps-users] Error: Cannot open fix print file

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 09:20:22 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:56 AM, Vijayan, Prabhu <prabhu.vijayan@...4839...> wrote:

Hi LAMMPS users

I am a student at Friedrich Alexander University, Germany.  And I am totally new to the LAMMPS software.  While I am trying to simulate uniaxial compression of Cu, I encounter the following error.

"ERROR on proc 0: Cannot open fix print file Cu_comp_100.def1.txt (../fix_print.cpp:64)"

My input script looks like below:
variable strain equal "(lx - v_L0)/v_L0"
variable p1 equal "v_strain"
variable p2 equal "-pxx/10000"
variable p3 equal "-pyy/10000"
variable p4 equal "-pzz/10000"
fix def1 all print 100 "${p1} ${p2} ${p3} ${p4}" file Cu_comp_100.def1.txt screen no

I am using LAMMPS 64-bit 11Aug2017 version and executing the input script from the folder containing library.meam.

​you are running on windows, right?
then you are either running in a folder, where you have no write privilege, no free disk space or a writing to a file that is locked, e.g. by having it open for writing with a program like notepad.

at any rate, this is not a LAMMPS issue buy a user/OS issue.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thanks & Regards
Prabhu Vijayan
Student - Computational Engineering,