[lammps-users] About temperature fluctuations

From: "A. M.M" <alaa.murar@...24...>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:09:11 +0200

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello LAMMPS user,

I used fix_langevin command with fix_nve to perform a BD as mentioned in LAMMPS documents, I put Tstart=Tstop=298.15 K (25 C) and damp = 482 fmsec. Also, I used a time step = 300.0 fmsec, and my system is a 24 bead-spring chain.

My simulation run well, but I noticed that the temperature fluctuates below the value that I put in the command, and when I calculate the ave/time/temp I also got around 150-160 K. what is/are the reason/s ?

I can increase the values in the command until I get a fluctuations around 298.15 K and also an ave/time/temp around this value, but now Can I say that the results of mu simulation are in ( ave/time/temp that I get ) or in what I used in the command ?

Thank you