Re: [lammps-users] PBC

From: Andrew Jewett <jewett@...1937...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:55:37 -0800

The picture helps.

I thought you just meant that one of the plates was shifted relative to the other.  Now I see your problem.  This is not a limitation of LAMMPS.  Simulating the system you drew is harder because for most angles, your system is not periodic. You will have to approximate your system by a (preferably rectangular) periodic one, for example by making one of the plates slightly larger or smaller.  (For example, by making the diagonal square larger by a factor of 1.5/sqrt(2))

I don't know if my reply helped.

Cheers

Andrew